George J. Mitchell Peace Scholarship
At a glance
- Value: full fees, accomodation & board from University of Maine
- You must be a current UCC student to be eligible for this scholarship
- Students studying abroad are required to pay their full UCC fees
- To apply for this scholarship, please click https://www.ucc.ie/en/international/goabroadwithucc/
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to the International Office, UCC, firstname.lastname@example.org
In recognition of the historic role of George J. Mitchell in advancing the security, hope and opportunity for generations in Ireland and Northern Ireland, the George J. Mitchell Peace Scholarship has been established. The purpose of the Scholarship is to create opportunities for the exchange of university students between Ireland and the State of Maine.
University College Cork has been nominated by the Minister for Education and Science to send suitably qualified students under the Scholarship to an institution in the University of Maine System.
Programmes offered by the University of Maine include:
- Business, Public Policy and Health
- Education and Human Development
- Engineering Technology
- Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Natural Sciences, Forestry & Agriculture
To qualify for the Scholarship a student must be:
- at least 18 years of age.
- studying abroad during the 3rd year of your four-year UCC degree.
- have a record of high academic achievement.
- have demonstrated leadership abilities and a commitment to community service.
The successful candidate will receive remission of tuition and academic fees and free room and board, from the University of Maine.
Further information is available from the International Office, University College Cork.