- Deputy President & Registrar HOME
- Professor John O'Halloran
- Offices of Academic Affairs & Registry
- Dean of Graduate Studies
- Student Experience
- International Office
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Unit
- Ionad na Gaeilge Labhartha
- Centre for Global Development
- The Connected University
- Academic Strategy Implementation
- Academic Work Distribution Model
The Connected University
What is the vision for The Connected University Programme?
University College Cork is a university of deep heritage, established in 1845. UCC has a long-standing commitment to outstanding research connected to learning, and to educating graduates who are locally and globally impactful. Today, a programme of transformative investment in our people and infrastructure is underway, together with the development of an exciting new academic strategy, which will enhance and strengthen our long standing connections and provide opportunities for innovation and creativity.
What is The Connected University Programme?
The Connected University programme is a five-year investment programme in our student and academic services that will create a truly connected university. This programme of work is informed by the goals and actions of the university’s strategic plan, 2017 – 2022, and will deliver change and improvement through a number of individual strands:
- The Academic Strategy
- Student Central
- Student Administration Systems
- The Student Hub
- Virtual Learning Environment
You can watch an explainer video here.
What are the programme aims?
The Connected University Programme has four strategic aims, aligned to the University Strategy 2017 - 2022
- Develop an academic strategy to deliver an outstanding, student-centred education with a research-based curriculum at its core.
- Upgrade, modernise and integrate student data records and management systems to provide an efficient and effective administration service to staff and students.
- Create a central, accessible, modern space for staff and students that promotes connection and collaboration in the new Student Hub building.
- Enhance the student experience by transforming student service delivery to optimise services to students which were previously delivered in different locations across campus.
Communication & Engagement
The first university-wide Town Hall Meeting was held in the Aula Maxima on Wednesday 18th July 2018. A recording of the event is available at: The Connected University Update.
Submit your feedback:
We are eager to draw on the experiences of our students and staff to help us to understand how we can improve our systems and services, and make life better for you all. Throughout this programme there will be opportunities for you to get involved during our regular Town Hall Meetings and consultation sessions. We also offer an online suggestion box, and invite you to use this forum to feed back your suggestons and comments to the programme team (Michelle Healy, Michelle Nelson and John McNulty) and sponsor (Professor John O'Halloran).