UCC's Academic Strategy (2018 - 2022) was launched on 4th December 2018, following almost a year of development, and sets out a roadmap for our academic ambitions over the coming years. It focusses on six key priority areas:
- Develop a Connected Curriculum, building on existing strengths and best practice globally.
- Align the Academic Portfolio with demand and with teaching and research priorities.
- Constructively align effective Assessment practices with learning outcomes.
- Facilitate students' development of core values and Graduate Attributes.
- Establish a student Enrolment Plan that aligns with student recruitment targets.
- Reform Academic Governance such that innovation is enabled, coherence is restored and risk is reduced.
The implementation of this strategy will be achieved by breaking each goal down into a number of discrete actions each led by a didcated team of staff and student representatives. Delivering these actions will involve working with all Schools and Colleges, and with individuals; the development of metrics; and regular reviews. Updates on activities that we are undertaking to implement the Academic Strategy will be provided on this page and at Information Sessions hosted by the Deputy President & Registrar.
Academic Strategy 2018 - 2022
You can download UCC's Academic Strategy 2018 - 2022 here: Academic Strategy 2018 - 2022
You can download the Timeframe for Implementation at the link below: Academic Strategy Implementation Timeline