Travelling to Placement

Travelling to placement

*Please note that it is your parent hospital ALO (Allocations Liaison Officer) and NOT the Allocations Office, UCC that process and arrange for payment of travel expenses. Therefore, if you have any queries relating to travel or accommodation allowances please contact your ALO (ALO contact details can be found by clicking here).

Due to the diversity of the NMBI (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) requirements and the geographical spread of placement areas, clinical placements can take place anywhere within the Munster region. Therefore, regardless of which health service provider (HSP) you are assigned to, or where you live, you will be required to travel to placements.

The particular requirements of your programme will determine the nature and sequence of your placements.  They can be in a number of settings, including:

·        Hospital based such as a ward, outpatients department or operating theatres

·        Community based with a Public Health Nurse or Practice Nurse

·        Day care based, such as a special school or a day care centre

·        Residential based, such as group homes.

Placement planning and arrangement is highly complex. Therefore, finalised placements will not be changed unless extenuating circumstances prevail.


School of Nursing and Midwifery

Scoil an Altranais agus an Chnáimhseachais

Brookfield Health Sciences Complex College Road Cork, Ireland , T12 AK54