Since I was a child I wanted to become a dinosaur scientist. In 2014 I did it! I actually currently don’t deal with dinosaurs, but with Eocene individuals and their exceptional soft-tissues preservation (“Geiseltal collection”, Germany). However, I still have a strong interest in dinosaur excavations, as well as sedimentology, stratigraphy, the reconstruction of ancient ecosystems and museology. I have also worked on Permian ecosystems.
- Falk, D., Lechner, T. Fuhrmann, A., 2018 (in print). Ein Leitfaden zur nachhaltigen Inventarisierung von geowissenschaftlichen Sammlungen. – Carolinea 76, Karlsruhe, 5-19.
- Falk, D., Treptow, K., 2017. Biegsame Gesteine!? Itacolumite aus der petrographischen Sammlung des Staatlichen Museums für Naturkunde Karlsruhe. – Carolinea 75, Karlsruhe, 5-11.
- Legler, C., Barth, A., Falk, D., Mruma, A.H., Magigita, M., Boniface, N., Stanek, K.P., 2015. Minerogenic Map of Tanzania – Map and Explanatory Notes, Ministry of Energy and Mines/Geological Survey of Tanzania, Dar-es-Salaam/Dodoma, 376.
- Wings, O., Falk, D., Knötschke, N., Richter, A., 2012. Excursion Guide B1: The Early Cretaceous Dinosaur Trackways in Münchehagen (Lower Saxony, Germany) – The Natural Monument ‚Saurierfährten Münchehagen‘ and the adjacent Wesling Quarry, in Richter, A., and Reich, M., eds., Dinosaur Tracks 2011 – An International Symposium, Obernkirchen, April 14-17, 2011; Abstract Volume and Field Guide to Excursions, Universitätsdrucke Göttingen, Landesmuseum Hannover, Obernkirchen, 113-142.
- Oct 2016 – present: Geology PhD student at the School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University College Cork (Ireland). PhD Thesis: Taphonomy of the Eocene Geiseltal Konservat-Lagerstätte, Germany.
- Feb 2016 – Feb 2018: State Museum of Natural History Karlsruhe (Germany). Scientific trainee/volunteer (full-time): Collection work, research, museum education (guided tours, presentations, pedagogy), exhibition work.
- Nov 2014 – Nov 2015: BEAK Consultants GmbH Freiberg (Germany). Engineering work in Germany and abroad with focus on ore research and prospection.
- Dec 2011 – Sept 2014: MSc Geo Sciences at the Technical University Bergakademie Freiberg (Germany). Main subjects: applied palaeontology & stratigraphy. Thesis (partly published): Sedimentology, Palaeontology and Environmental Reconstruction of the Hornburg-Formation, Southern Permian basin (Late Guadalupian, Permian).
- Oct 2008 – Dec 2011: BSc Geology/Mineralogy at the Technical University Bergakademie Freiberg (Germany). Thesis (partly published): Sedimentology and 3D-Modelling of Dinosaur Trackways of the Lowermost Cretaceous (Berriasian, Bückeberg-Formation) from Münchehagen (Lower Saxony).