General Information for all students 2017-2018
Please note that we expect students to attend 80% of their classes. Failure to attend these 80% may result in exclusion from examinations. You will be advised accordingly by your language teachers und lecturers.
Our Handbooks and Timetables for First, Second and Final Year
2017-2018 German Undergraduate Studies Handbooks:
We have put together handbooks for each year individually. These handbooks contain information specific to each year concerning core and optional modules, module descriptions and timetables.
We recommend that you also read carefully the General Handbook 2017
This contains staff information, information on each programme, attendance, plagiarism, library information, study resources, media and language learning materials, German Society and student life, and the Erasmus Year abroad.
What can I do with degree in German?
Information for planning your career
What some of our graduates have done
- Department of Foreign Affairs
- Financial Sector
- Bord Bia
- Heineken Italia
- Enterprise Ireland
- Financial Sector
- Legal profession
- Murphy’s Deutschland
- Dresdner Bank
- LIDL Ireland
Some organisations that have employed our graduates
- Numerous third level institutions in Ireland and abroad, including UCC, NUIG, IT Tralee, DCU, UL, European School of Business at Reutlingen University (Germany), Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg (Germany), Aston University Birmingham
- VECs, numerous primary and secondary schools all over Ireland
- KPMG, PriceWaterhouseCooper, C&C, Smurfit, Tourism Ireland, Failte Ireland, Reuters News, Google, Paypal, Apple
- German-Irish Chamber of Commerce, Enterprise Ireland
What is my level?
Common European Framework For Languages - Self Assessment Grid
To find out what level of German you have, please
Essay Submission Form
Please print off this form and complete it when submitting essays to the Department of German. All submissions must be stamped in the Admin office.
Office opening hours are 11.00 am -12.30pm and 2.30 pm - 3.30 pm