Inga Owesen (German Academic Exchange Service DAAD)
phone: 021 490 2513
location: O'Rahilly Building R. 1.36
Inga Owesen studied at the Westphalian Wilhelms-University in Münster (Germany) where she completed her Bachelors degree in German and English/American studies in 2008. She received the Master of Education in 2012 (Erstes Staasexamen / 1st government-recognized exam) as well as a Certificate Teaching German as a Foreign Language. After one and a half years of teaching at a secondary school in Germany she completed her Zweites Staatsexamen (2nd government-recognized exam) in German and English in 2014.
On a scholarship from the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), she taught German at the Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio/USA) as DAAD language assistant from 2014 to 2015 and following this a summer course for the Goethe Institute in Germany.
From 2015 to 2020 she was DAAD-Lecturer at King's College London (UK) where she also fulfilled the role of convener for all German language modules and was awarded Senior Fellowship (SFHEA) in 2020.
Since 2021 she has been DAAD-Lecturer in the Department of German at UCC teaching German language, literature, and culture while also pursuing her PhD in German literary studies focusing on the representation of leading women in German fantasy literature.
· phantastic literature (especially fantasy and fairy tales); gender theory; metamorphosis/transformation in literature
· second language acquisition, learning and assessment
· German literature and culture in German as a Foreign Language classes
- Gender and Power in German Literature and Film
- Introduction to German Literature and Culture
- Political and Social Culture in Germany Since 1945
- Literature from 18th to 21st century
- Integrated Oral and Written Language Course for German (Year 1)
- Integrated German Language Course (Year 2)
- Advanced Integrated German Language Course (Final Year)