News & Events
MSc in Geoinformatics
The Department of Geography is pleased to announce that the MSc in Geoinformatics has been reopened for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Our MSc Geoinformatics programme addresses the need for technically aware and competent postgraduates to work in the field of geoinformatics, particularly as applied to environmental and resource management. This twelve-month full-time course covers both the theoretical and practical aspects of geoinformatics, including Geographical Information Systems and Science (GIS), Remote Sensing (RS), geospatial data analysis and visualisation, programming, and internet GIS.
Why choose this course?
- Unique in Ireland - Offers a diverse range of skills and techniques in GIS, RS, spatial data analysis and visualisation, programming and internet GIS.
- Graduate with a broad knowledge of geospatial techniques highly desired by employers, in Ireland and other countries.
- Attend national conferences and guest lectures from national and international Geoinformatics agencies.
- Graduates from this course are highly employable, with an industry need for this qualification from public to private sector across county councils, environmental consultancies, government agencies etc.
- We engage with industry experts throughout the programme, with an entire module dedicated to guest lectures, all from industry.
Click HERE for more information.