- 1995 BSc in Molecular Biology, Umeå University, Umeå, Sweden
- 2002 PhD in Immunology, Umeå University, Umeå, Sweden
- Novel molecular mechanisms associated to host (immune and non-immune cells) and bacteria interactions and their relevance in health and to intestinal disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), colorectal cancer.
- Contribution of the immune system, environmental stimuli (such as stress and diet) and the microbiota to intestinal health and disease development in experimental models of inflammation and its translation to human diseases.
- Pre-clinical evaluation in animal models and in in vitro systems of novel therapies for inflammatory and malignant conditions.
Please see https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7463-3343
- 2013 – present Senior Research Co-ordinator, APC Microbiome Institute, UCC, Ireland
- 2012 – 2013 Senior Research Fellow, Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, UCC, Ireland
- 2008 – 2012 Principal Scientist, GlaxoSmithKline, based in APC/UCC, Ireland
- 2005 – 2007 Senior Research Scientist AZ R&D, Sweden
- 2002 – 2005 Post-doctoral Research Fellow AstraZeneca (AZ) R&D, Sweden
- 1995 – 2002 PhD student, Dept Immunology, Umeå University, Umeå, Sweden