Mr Paul O'Donovan, MBA (Cardiff) BSc (NUI)
Position: Academic Secretary
Tel: 021 4902269
Ms Aoife Ní Néill
Position: Head of Academic Secretariat
Responsibilities: Administration and point of contact for all business relating to the Academic Council and Academic Council Committees including Academic Board
Other areas of responsibility:
- Policy development in relation to Academic Affairs
- Develop and maintain the University Academic Policy and Procedural Portal
- Liaise with external bodies on behalf of the University
- Manage the work of the Academic Secretariat
- Manage the budget of the Academic Secretariat and related budgets of the Senior Vice President Academic and Registrar
- Manage the awarding of Emeritus Professor Titles
Tel: 021 4902105
Position: Online Programme Coordinator
- To cross-functionally support and develop the central academic administration of online programmes.
- Effective management of online programmes delivery – from initial approval of programmes and their subsequent implementation for the full student life-cycle.
- Key contact for UCC’s external online partners.
Tel: 021 4902805
Position: Senior Executive Assistant and Assistant to Academic Secretary
- Primary point of contact for the Academic Secretary
- Manage the Academic Secretary's diary
- Organise meetings on behalf of the Academic Secretary
- Point-of-contact for any queries regarding correspondence, expense approvals and documentation for meetings
- Provides administrative support to the Administrative Officer
- Committee Secretary and primary point of contact for the Academic Council Academic Development and Standards Committee
Tel: 021 4205183
Position: Executive Assistant (External Examiners)
- Responsibilities: Manages the administrative processes around External Examiners at UCC, including nominations and appointments, receipt and dissemination of Externals Examiner reports.
- Provides administrative support for the Academic Council External Examiner Sub Committee
- Committee Secretary for the E-Learning Subcommitee
Tel: 021 4902933