Academic Unit Response Form
What are Academic Unit Responses?
At Academic Board 26-10-16 it was agreed that academic units would be required to complete a form recording their responses to the annual reports of external examiners.
Following this, at Academic Board 18-04-18 the following EESC recommendations were endorsed:
- Academic Affairs should continue to collect, collate and chase-up unit response forms and the EESC should continue to review them as part of its annual report to Academic Board, but active oversight should be transferred from the EESC to the Colleges, ACE and IMI.
- Unit response forms should be shared with Externs as part of the feedback on their comments and recommendations.
- Your School/Department/Unit has received all* external examiner reports for 2018/2019.
- Internally designated academic staff will address these reports via Academic Unit Responses.
- Academic Units then submit the completed Academic Unit Response forms to the relevant External Examiner via e-mail while also Ccing firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7th 2020.
*It may be the case that some external examiners have not yet submitted their reports by the February deadline, if so please fill out and submit responses for all the reports that you have received up to that point.
What are Academic Unit Responses for?
This procedure enables Schools/Colleges/Units and the University’s External Examiner Sub-Committee (EESC) to monitor how external examiner feedback is processed.
These responses to external examiner reports will be reviewed by the EESC as part of its annual review and are also incorporated into the External Examiner Sub-Committee Annual Report to Academic Board.
Annual deadline for Academic Unit Responses
All relevant Schools/Departments/Academic Units must complete their responses for External Examiner Reports from the previous academic year and submit these via e-mail to the relevant External Examiner and to email@example.com for inclusion in the Annual Report by February 7th 2020.
Please note, too, that units should incorporate the information recorded on the new form into the QPU’s Annual Monitoring template.
Where can I get blank Academic Unit Response forms?
Please see the link below.
Download Academic Unit Response Form
VERY IMPORTANT: MAC USERS
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE FREE OFFICIAL ADOBE ACROBAT READER INSTALLED AND SET AS YOUR DEFAULT PDF APPLICATION. DO NOT USE THE DEFAULT MACOS PDF VIEWER TO EDIT PDF FORMS! APPLE'S "PREVIEW" PDF APPLICATION HAS NUMEROUS COMPATIBILITY ISSUES THAT BREAK PDF FORMS BY RENDERING TEXT INVISIBLE, ALONG WITH OTHER GLITCHES!*
For best results, please fill out the PDF form using Adobe Acrobat Reader, then in Reader select 'File', then 'Print' from the drop-down menu. In the 'Print' settings, please select 'Adobe PDF' from your list of printers. This will allow you to create a read only PDF copy, ensuring all text is legibile and read only. Please send this version to the external examiner (copying firstname.lastname@example.org)
UNIT RESPONSE FORM DOWNLOAD: