- All Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- International Scholarships
- Photo Gallery
- College of Business and Law
- Quercus Entrance Scholarships 2018/2019
- Moss Keane Scholarship
- Puttnam Seminar and Puttnam Scholarship Awards Ceremony 2018/19
- Puttnam Scholarships Seminar 2019/20
- UCC Sports Scholarships 2019
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2019 / 20
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2019/20
- UCC Entrance Scholarship Award Ceremony
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2020-2021
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2022
- Catherine Keogh Memorial Grant
- STEM Awards 2022
- Quercus Talented Students' Programme 2022/23
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2022-2023
- UCC STEM Awards 2023
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2023
- Scholar Stories
- Terms and Conditions for Scholarship recipients
Huawei TECH4HER Scholarship Programme Supporting Women in STEM
At a glance
- Value: €3,000
- You must be a current UCC Student enrolled in BSc Computer Science or BSc Data Science & Analytics to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to John O’Mullane firstname.lastname@example.org , (021) 4205920
Huawei is a global telecommunications company founded by CEO Ren Zhengfei in Shenzhen, China in 1987. With approx. 200,000 employees across 170 countries, Huawei is privately owned by its employees. Huawei set up operations in Ireland in 2004 and now has bases in Dublin, Cork, and Athlone.
The aim of this scholarship is to address the shortage of women in STEM2D careers in Ireland and increase undergraduate women perusing degrees in these fields. It shall be open to competition annually only among registered female BSc Computer Science and BSc Data Science and Analytics undergraduates who have completed the 1st year of their degree and who have achieved a mark of at least a 60%, at the first attempt.
Eligibility to apply
To apply, students will complete an application form and provide some information about their background and motivation. Special consideration to be given to supporting those female undergraduate students from a socio-economic disadvantaged background (i.e. students catered for by the UCC PLUS+ Programme).
Interviews will be conducted if there are more eligible students than awards. Applications shall be assessed by at least two members of the schools Teaching, Learning and Student Experience Committee.
To apply please complete the : Application Form
Opening date for applications: Monday, 24 October 2022
Closing date for applications: 5:00 P.M. Tuesday, 11 November 2022
The above conditions may vary, and will be reviewed annually.