The John Joseph McCarthy Prize in Civil & Environmental Engineering
At a glance
- Value: €750
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this prize
- Questions about this prize can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr John McCarthy (BE' 79), Managing Director of John McCarthy BE and Partners has offered an annual prize, in memory of his father Mr John Joseph McCarthy (BE' 47) to the final year students of Civil and Environmental Engineering who have contributed significantly to sport at UCC. The Prize is by application and the value of the Prize will be €750.
The conditions of the Prize are as follows:
- The Prize will be called the John Joseph McCarthy Prize in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- To apply for the prize students must have achieved a degree in Civil Engineering
- To be eligible for application students must have attained this level on first sitting of examinations
- To be eligible for application students must be able to demonstrate their contribution to sport at the university
- Applications will be assessed and a winner chosen by Mr John McCarthy or a nominee of Mr John McCarthy in conjunction with the Director of Physical Education and Sport.
- The final decision will rest with Mr John McCarthy or his nominee and the Director of Physical Education and Sport
- The Prize will be eligible for inclusion on the winner's final year transcript
- Applications must be made within 1 month of obtaining degree results.
Applications for consideration should be sent in the first instance to the Head of the Department of Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering, University College Cork