Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) Awards
At a glance
- Value: up to €2,000
- You must be a current UCC Student in health-related disciplines to be eligible for this award
- Questions about this award can be directed to email@example.com
The College of Medicine and Health invites applications for Summer Undergraduate Research Awards (SURE) from undergraduate students in health-related disciplines in UCC to support their participation in research during summer 2019. The purpose of these awards is to foster an interest in research and to give the student an opportunity to become familiar with research techniques.
WHO should apply?
- Applicants must be undergraduate students who are not in the final year of their degree course.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at UCC.
- Applicants must be studying in a health-related discipline.
- Applicants must be conducting research with at least one UCC School of Medicine supervisor.
- Each applicant may submit only one application.
- Each supervisor may support only one student’s application.
WHAT is the value of the award?
Awards of up to €2,000 per student are available for a maximum of eight weeks’ research.
How many awards are available?
There are 13 awards available for 2019, subject to meeting the required standard and tentatively assigned as below.
- School of Medicine: 3 awards
- School of Nursing and Midwifery: 2 awards
- School of Clinical Therapies: 2 awards
- School of Dentistry: 2 awards
- School of Pharmacy: 2 awards
- School of Public Health: 2 awards