The MacConaill Prize
At a glance
- Value: €150
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
The family of the late Professor Michael A. MacConaill, in recognition of his outstanding and original contributions to knowledge of the functional anatomy of the locomotor system, wish to perpetuate his memory by establishing an award and have made a donation to the University for this purpose. The current value of the prize is €150.
The following conditions of award apply:
- The award be termed "The MacConaill Prize".
- That a Second University Prizes Examination in Clinical Anatomy be held.
- That the prize be open to competition annually only among registered medical students eligible to sit the Second University Prizes Examination in Clinical Anatomy, namely, those
- who have passed, at the first attempt, the whole Summer First University Examination in Medicine without compensation and without exemption,
- who are registered as second year Medical students of University College Cork, during the current session and
- whose aggregate marks are among the top 10% of the class in Anatomy in the following Modules: FM1010, FM1020, FM1030, FM1040, FM2101, FM2102.
- The Prize be awarded to the candidate who, in the opinion of the Professor of Anatomy, shows most originality in their answers in the Second University Prizes Examination in Clinical Anatomy.
- The Prize not be awarded unless high merit has been shown.
- The Prize consists of a cash award.
Note: These awards are funded from endowments made by the respective donors to the University for awards to be made in perpetuity. The funds donated are invested, and the annual income is the amount available for the award. Due to fluctuation in the investment market, the amounts available from year to year may vary, upwards and downwards; for this reason, the value of any award referred to in this section is indicative only, and may be higher or lower when the amount of the award is completed.