The Harting Scholar
At a glance
- Value: fees, travel expenses and subsistance
- You must be studying English at a Dutch university to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A place will be offered annually at University College Cork to a student of English from one of the Dutch universities.
- This student will be called the Harting Scholar and will be attached to the Language Centre, a constituent part of the School of Language and Literature.
- The Harting Scholar will be allowed to choose one or more courses at undergraduate or postgraduate level from the programmes offered by the School of Language and Literature and/or the Departments of History and Modern Irish and cognate departments in the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences.
- The fees will be waived for the Harting Scholar.
- He/she will be prepared to teach and assist in examining Dutch as required by UCC with a maximum of four hours of weekly teaching.
- The Harting Scholar must have attended a three-day instruction course, which is held every year in May, especially for the twenty-six or so Harting Scholars who are going to teach Dutch at universities in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
- Travel expenses and subsistence will be arranged by the Harting Committee.