The Niall J. Ware Memorial Prize
At a glance
- Value: €200
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this prize
- Questions about this prize can be directed to email@example.com
A fund was raised by the family, colleagues and friends of the late Niall J. Ware who was Professor of Spanish from 1964 to 1978 and handed over to the Governing Body for the provision of an annual prize to be known as "The Niall J. Ware Memorial Prize". The current value of the prize is c. €200.
The prize is awarded to the student who obtains first place in Spanish at the BA (Hons) Degree Examination, provided:
1. That the prize be called "The Niall J. Ware Memorial Prize".
2. The Academic Council considers that a sufficiently high standard has been attained.
3. That the prize be awarded to the student who has obtained first place in Spanish at the BA (Hon) Degree Examination, provided that:
a. he/she has obtained First Class Honours in Spanish at the BA (Hons) Degree Examination and has passed the examination as a whole at the first attempt.
b. he/she has been a student in University College Cork, for the two years immediately preceding his/her BA (Hons) Degree Examination.
c. he/she has passed all his/her University Examinations in the minimum time and at the first attempt.
d. he/she is not a native speaker of Spanish.
4. That the prize consist of a parchment and a sum of money.
*Note: These awards are funded from endowments made by the respective donors to the University for awards to be made in perpetuity. The funds donated are invested, and the annual income is the amount available for the award. Due to fluctuation in the investment market, the amounts available from year to year may vary, upwards and downwards; for this reason, the value of any award referred to in this section is indicative only, and may be higher or lower when the amount of the award is completed.