The President James Slattery Prize and Medal in Law
At a glance
- Value: €2,000 and medal
- You must be a current UCC Student to be eligible for this prize
- Questions about this prize can be directed to email@example.com
Dr. D.A. Slattery MBE, a descendent of James Slattery, 3rd President of Queen's College Cork from 1890 - 1897, in agreement with the School of Law has established an annual prize and a medal in President Slattery's name, to be awarded to a student in the School of Law, UCC.
- The award shall be known as "Slattery Prize and Medal in Law".
- The award is valued at €2,000 and the Prize shall also include a medal.
- It shall be open to competition annually amongst UCC Law graduates commencing a research postgraduate degree in the School of Law, UCC (i.e. an LLM by Research or a PhD Degree). The winner shall be determined on the basis of a competitive application process, with the decision being made by the Dean of the School of Law and the Director of Graduate Studies, School of Law or their nominees.
- The general arrangements for the competition and any other functions in connection therewith shall be the responsibility of the Dean of the School of Law and the Director of Graduate Studies, School of Law or their nominees.