China Scholarship Council - University College Cork PhD Programme
At a glance
- Value: tuition fees, research fees and living allowance
- You must be applying for a PhD programme in UCC to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary focus of this programme ls for selected Chinese students to take full PhD study at UCC. If the selected Chinese students successfully complete the requirements of the designated PhD program at UCC and defend their dissertation at UCC, they will be conferred a degree by UCC.
Up to twelve scholarships will be supported per year.
The programme name, in English, will be the China Scholarship Council - University College Cork PhD programme.
CSC and UCC will support the following areas of study with priority: Arts & Humanities, Science, Engineer & Technology, Food Science, Business, Law and Health Sciences (excluding Medicine & Dentistry). Students will be eligible to study disciplines in any of the above fields at UCC.
Candidates should be intending to pursue study/research in one of the priority academic areas identified by UCC and CSC. However, applicants to other study/research areas will also be considered subject to the availability of relevant programmes of study at UCC.
- Candidates will be citizens and permanent residents of the People's Republic of China at the time of application; Overseas Chinese students may be eligible for the awards subject to CSC policy at the time;
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies and/or research;
- Candidates must hold an offer letter from UCC. They must therefore fulfill the relevant academic entry requirements set by UCC, including a high level of English language proficiency;
- Candidate should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC.
Application and selection process
- Candidates should directly apply for admission to UCC before the application deadline, 1 February 2024. Candidates should inform the UCC International Office by email if they wish to apply for the UCC /CSC joint scholarship and include their name in Chinese and English on the email.
- UCC will evaluate the candidates by mid March 2024. UCC will provide CSC and each qualified candidate with a copy of the offer letter. This offer letter should be unconditional in terms of academic performance and English language capability.
- After receiving the offer letter from UCC, candidates must also apply to CSC for funding by completing an application for funding and employer reference (forms are available online at http://apply.csc.edu.cn) by 30 March 2024.
- CSC will evaluate the candidates according to CSC requirements and priorities, and provide UCC with a final list of scholarship recipients and inform the successful candidates.
Terms and Conditions:
Current PhD students who commence their programme of study prior to receipt of the CSC scholarship will not be able to avail of this scholarship retrospectively. The scholarship will be applied to the student’s record from the date of approval. Successful applicants must pay tuition fees until they are awarded the CSC scholarship, should they decide to register for the PhD programme before the scholarship award is made.