UCC Sports Scholarships
At a glance
- Value: €500 to €2,000
- You must possess the appropriate academic qualifications needed for admission to UCC or be a full-time registered UCC Student to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or +353 (0)21 490 4752.
- The UCC Sports Scholarships programme reflects the commitment on the part of UCC to excellence in Sport.
- The aim of the programme is to give talented sportspeople an opportunity to develop their sporting career by offering the highest standards in coaching and training whilst completing their chosen course of academic study.
- The UCC Sports Scholarship programme is guided by the new UCC Sport Strategy and new UCC performance strategy
- The 2020/21 programme is now open. Please apply here: UCC SPORT 2020 APPLICATION FORM
- All applicants must satisfy the normal entry requirement of the University and have been offered a place on a degree or postgraduate course at the university. Applicants should apply for such course through the CAO in the normal way. Existing students are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be pursuing a full time university course.
- Applicants must demonstrate outstanding ability in their chosen sport and demonstrate an ability to compete at National or International level (inter county level for GAA Applicants).
- The sport has to be recognised by Sport Ireland.
- There are 2 main types of Scholarship (note an applicant may only apply for 1 type of scholarship):
UCC Sport Individual Scholarship
UCC Core Team Sport Scholarship
- The UCC Individual Sport Scholarships are divided into Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards. Awards and services for each level of scholarship will be determined by the DSPA. The Individual Sport Scholarship is open to applicants involved in team sports or individual sports other than the core sports.
- The UCC Core Team Sport Scholarships covers the following sports each which will have their own specific criteria: GAA, Hockey, Rugby and Soccer. GAA includes: Camogie, Gaelic Football, Hurling and Ladies Gaelic Football.
- There are a number of sponsored scholarships which will be administered as part of the programme both for Individual and Core Team Sports.
For more information please visit https://sport.ucc.ie/scholarships/
The application process for the 2020/21 programme is now open.
The closing date for 2020/2021 scholarships is 5pm, Friday 4th September 2020