- All Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- International Scholarships
- Photo Gallery
- College of Business and Law
- Quercus Entrance Scholarships 2018/2019
- Moss Keane Scholarship
- Puttnam Seminar and Puttnam Scholarship Awards Ceremony 2018/19
- Puttnam Scholarships Seminar 2019/20
- UCC Sports Scholarships 2019
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2019 / 20
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2019/20
- UCC Entrance Scholarship Award Ceremony
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2020-2021
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2022
- Catherine Keogh Memorial Grant
- STEM Awards 2022
- Quercus Talented Students' Programme 2022/23
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2022-2023
- UCC STEM Awards 2023
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2023
- Scholar Stories
- Terms and Conditions for Scholarship recipients
Quercus Entrance Scholarships
At a glance
- Value: Book token, Title of Quercus Entrance Scholar and parchment
- You must be a registered UCC Student to be eligible for this scholarship
- No application required
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
The Quercus Entrance Scholarships will be awarded to First Year undergraduate students, who are admitted via CAO onto a full-time Level 8 primary degree programme offered by the university. The recipients will be selected on the basis of being among the top 15 students in their College with respect to Leaving Certificate Examination (LCE) Points achievement.
Eligibility and Selection
To be eligible to receive a scholarship a student must have met the normal entry requirements for the degree programme in question and have been validly registered for same. A student who has previously registered for a programme leading to a degree in any third level college shall not be eligible for the award of a Quercus Entrance Scholarship.
Scholarships shall be awarded in order of merit in accordance with the standard UCC scoring system for Leaving Certificate results as set out in the guidelines for Undergraduate Entry Requirements. Only performance in the six best subjects taken at the first attempt at the same sitting of the Leaving Certificate will be counted.
In cases where there are more than 15 candidates in a College on a top score, all eligible students will be awarded the scholarship.
In 2021 there have been up to 225 candidates across the four Colleges fitting this criteria.
If the holder of a Quercus Entrance Scholarship withdraws from the programme for which they have registered or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme including examination entry, they may be required to repay to the University the whole or part of the scholarship.
No application is required for Quercus Entrance Scholarships. Successful students will be notified directly.
All scholarship and funding schemes are subject to availability of funds, and details given here are subject to change at any time.