BT Young Scientist And Technology First Year Scholarship
At a glance
- Winners: student contribution and capitation fee
- Runner/s up: half of the student contribution and capitation fee
- You must be a registered UCC Student to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University will offer, annually, a Special First Year Scholarship(s) to overall BT Young Scientist Competition winner(s) to the value of the student contribution and capitation fee.
The scholarship will be awarded to the overall first prize winner(s) (either an individual winner or each member of a winning team) of the BT Young Scientist and Technology Competition, independent of the year in which the award was received.
Additional scholarships, worth half of the student contribution and capitation fee will be awarded to the
- Overall runner up (Group, Senior Level)
- Overall runner up (Individual, Senior Level).
Eligibility to apply
To be eligible for a scholarship the recipient(s) must have secured a place on a full-time undergraduate course within the University and must be validly registered for the first year of the programme.
- If a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme for which s/he has registered or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme, including examination entry, s/he may be required to repay to the College the whole or part of the scholarship.
- There are no application procedures other than informing the Scholarships and Prizes Office, in writing, on or before the first day of term, that a place has been secured in one of the degree programmes and providing evidence of the Young Scientist and Technology Competition award.
- Successful students(s) will be notified directly by the Scholarships and Prizes Office.