BT Young Scientist And Technology First Year Scholarship
At a glance
- Value: € 3,165
- You must be a registered UCC Student to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to
* - College of Science, Engineering and Food Science, 021-4903075
* - College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences, 021-4902361/4903925
* - College of Business and Law, 021 4205102
- The University will offer, annually, a Special First Year Scholarship(s) to overall BT Young Scientist Competition winner(s) to the value of the student contribution and capitation fee.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the overall first prize winner(s) (either an individual winner or each member of a winning team) of the BT Young Scientist and Technology Competition, independent of the year in which the award was received.
Eligibility to apply
To be eligible for a scholarship the recipient(s) must have secured a place on a full-time undergraduate course within a College in the University and must be validly registered for the first year of the programme.
- If a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme for which s/he has registered or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme, including examination entry, s/he may be required to repay to the College the whole or part of the scholarship.
- There are no application procedures other than informing the Head of College*, in writing, on or before the first day of term, that a place has been secured in one of the degree programmes in that College, and providing evidence of the Young Scientist and Technology Competition award.
- Successful students(s) will be notified directly by the College.