NUI Travelling Doctoral Studentships
At a glance
- Value: up to €106.000 over 4 years
- Duration: Up to four years
- Applicants: For all disciplines - incoming/early stage doctoral researchers
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
The NUI Travelling Studentship Scheme is one of the University’s longest running competitions and has been in existence since 1910. Funded by the University from its own resources, it continues an earlier scheme established by the Royal University of Ireland, which preceded NUI.
The NUI Travelling Studentship Scheme has as its main objectives:
- to encourage the most able students in the NUI federal system to pursue research;
- to enable these students to undertake postgraduate research abroad, in the most reputable universities, towards a doctoral degree, or
- to enable students registered in NUI institutions participating in international partnerships to undertake substantial research periods overseas as part of their doctoral studies;
- to attract these scholars back to enrich the learning community within NUI.
In 2022, the maximum value of a full Travelling Doctoral Studentship will be €26,500 per annum to include a stipend of €18,500 and a contribution towards fees of up to €8,000, where appropriate.
Find out more about some recent recipients of NUI Travelling Doctoral Studentships on our NUI Awards Alumni page.
The NUI Travelling Doctoral Studentships are now open for applications.
The deadline for full applications is Monday, 21 March 2022.
To find out more, please visit http://www.nui.ie/awards/TravellingDoctoralStudentships/