NUI Travelling Doctoral Studentships
At a glance
- Value: €96,000 for up to four years
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
The NUI Travelling Studentship Scheme is one of the University’s longest running competitions and has been in existence since 1910. Funded by the University from its own resources, it continues an earlier scheme established by the Royal University of Ireland, which preceded NUI.
The NUI Travelling Studentship Scheme has as its main objectives:
- to encourage the most able students in the NUI federal system to pursue research;
- to enable these students to undertake postgraduate research abroad, in the most reputable universities, towards a doctoral degree, or
- to enable students registered in NUI institutions participating in international partnerships to undertake substantial research periods overseas as part of their doctoral studies;
- to attract these scholars back to enrich the learning community within NUI.
In 2020, the maximum value of a full Travelling Doctoral Studentship will be €24,000 per annum to include a stipend of €16,000 and a contribution towards fees of up to €8,000, where appropriate.
The competitions for the Travelling Doctoral Studentships in the Humanities & Social Sciences and the Travelling Doctoral Studentships in the Sciences are now open.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, 13 March 2020
To find out more, please visit http://www.nui.ie/awards/TravellingDoctoralStudentships/