In the case of an Emergency
1. Notify the emergency services
0-999 or 0-112 – internally
2. Notify general services.
if calling externally use preface 021 490
main campus: 3111
lee maltings: 4311
brookfield health sciences: 1501
western gateway: 5800
3. Notify ucc switchboard by dialing 9
4. Notify head of college/school/area
5. Notify department safety officer
Note: Each School/Department must have or be covered (through prior agreement) by:
- trained Fire Marshal(s)
- trained First Aid Responder(s) with a current PHECC certificate or a designated First Aider(s) trained as a medical doctor or SRN with current CPR certificate
- areas working with chemicals must also have trained chemical spill responder(s)
The above roles are voluntary and deputies may be required to cover A/L and S/L absence.
Depending on the severity of the incident UCC Emergency services must be contacted on ext 3111. General Services will contact the Supervisor on duty who will fulfil the role of emergency controller including liaise with the emergency services and other UCC services.
The incident should be reported to:
General Services Officer: ext2265
Safety Officer: ext2817
Building Officer: ext2380
Insurance & Claims Officer: ext2481
Risk Management Officer: ext2800