Recent publications by CKR27 MEngSc students
- 22 Oct 2015
Work carried out by students studying for the MEngSc in Mechanical Engineering in UCC (www.pac.ie course code CKR27) has led to a number of recent publications.
Selected publications are listed below, with the MEngSc students highlighted in bold:
- P. Cantillon-Murphy, D. Cronin, "A magnetic coupling to improve placement of gastroenteral feeding tubes and colostomy tubes", European Patent Application EP11193758.7 Dec 2011.
- P. Cantillon-Murphy, T. Lambe and D. Cronin, "A Magnetic Coupling to Improve Placement of Gastroenteral Feeding Tubes," BIODEVICES 2012 Conference, Vilamoura, Portugal, February 1-4, 2012.
- R. McEvoy, M. McMenamin, G. Ha, J. Lang, and P. Cantillon-Murphy, "Self-deployed Magnetic Polygons: Design, Construction and Application", IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 39, 496 - 505, Jan 2013.
- G. Hao, J. Mullins, M. Bruton and W. M. D. Wright, "Development of a New XY Compliant Parallel Manipulator for Micromanipulation", Proc. 31st International Manufacturing Conference (IMC31), Cork, Ireland, 3rd – 5th September 2014.
- G. Hao and J. Mullins, "On the comprehensive static characteristic analysis of a translational bistable mechanism", Proceedings of the IMechE, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science (accepted), 2015.
- G. Hao and J. Mullins, "On the infinitely stable rotational mechanism using the off-axis rotation of a bistable mechanism", Mechanical Sciences, Vol. 6, 75-80, 2015.
- G. Hao, R. Hand, X. Kong, W. Chang and X. Luo, "Design of compliant parallel grippers using the position space concept for manipulating sub-millimeter objects", Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Automation & Computing, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, 11-12 September 2015.
- G. Hao, M. Murphy, X. Luo, "Development of a compliant-mechanism-based compact three-axis force sensor for high-precision manufacturing", The ASME 2015 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference (IDETC/CIE 2015), Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 2–5 August, 2015.
- D. W. Fitzgerald, F. Edwards Murphy, W. M. D. Wright, P. M. Whelan and E. M. Popovici, "Design and Development of a Smart Weighing Scale for Beehive Monitoring", Proc. Irish Signals and Systems Conference (ISSC 2015), Carlow, Ireland, 24th-25th June 2015.
- K. Cronin, J. Fitzpatrick, M. Butler, D. Costello and A. Dowling, "Probabilistic modeling of the ambient air drying of Miscanthus", Biomass & Bioenergy, Vol. 56, 582-591, 2013.
- K. Cronin, T O Mullane and K. Timmins, "Prediction of the collapse time of an outdoor storage tank under rainfall due to internal steam condensation", Proc. IMechE, Vol. 225, Part E: J. Process Mechanical Engineering, 2011.
- K. Cronin, M. Catak, J. Bour, A. Collins and J. Smee, "Stochastic modelling of particle motion along a rotary drum", Powder Technology, Vol. 213, 79–91, 2011.
- M. Catak, N. Bas, K. Cronin, L. Pearson, S. O'Brien, E. P. Byrne and J. J. Fitzpatrick, "Mathematical modelling of a solid particle motion in a gas stream", The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Vol. 89, 92-100, 2011.
- K. Cronin, M. Catak, S. Dempsey, R. Ollagnier, "Stochastic Modelling of Particle Motion along a Sliding Conveyor", AIChE Journal, Vol. 56, 114-124, 2010.
- K. Cronin, J. Caro-Corrales and X. Gao, "Heat transfer analysis of cheese cooling incorporating uncertainty in temperature measurement locations: Model development and validation", Journal of Food Engineering, Vol. 99, 175–183, 2010.
- J. Caro-Corrales, K. Cronin, X. Gao and V. Cregan, "Heat transfer analysis of cheese cooling incorporating uncertainty in temperature measurement locations: Application to the industrial process", Journal of Food Engineering, Vol. 99, 159–165, 2010.
- K. Cronin and M. Davis, "Analysis of the variability in collapse time of a process storage vessel due to internal steam condensation", Proc. IMechE, Vol. 222, Part E: J. Process Mechanical Engineering, 2008.