Symptoms of Stress
- Mind is racing, finding it difficult to think clearly or concentrate
- Intrusive worrying or ruminating
- Can’t shut your brain off, especially at night
- Knots in stomach, resulting in low appetite
- Tension in certain muscle groups.
- Difficulty sleeping
- Pervasive low mood
Negative Behavioural Responses
- Over or undereating
- Procrastinating work related tasks
- Overworking to keep up with workload
- Sacrificing basic needs: Eating well, hygiene, sleep.
- Having no worklife balance scheduled e.g. time with friends, days off.
- Using substances to relax.