- O’Sullivan S, Cassidy EM. Somatoform disorder: a raison d’etre for liaison psychiatry. Ir J Psych Med 2006; 23(4)
- O'Sullivan SS, Mullins GM, Cassidy EM, McNamara B. The role of the standard EEG in clinical psychiatry. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2006;21(4):265-71.
- O'Connor RJ, Cassidy EM, Delargy MA. Late multidisciplinary rehabilitation in young people after stroke. Disabil Rehabil. 2005;27(3):111-6.
- Cassidy EM, O’Connor R, Delargy M, O’Keane V (2004). Effect of depression on early outcome following inpatient rehabilitation after first stroke. Disabil Rehab. 26:71-77
- Cassidy EM, Walsh M-T, O’Connor R, Condren RM, Ryan M, O’Keane V, Kenny D, Dinan T. (2003) Platelet surface glycoprotein expression in post-stroke depression Psychiatry Research. 118(2): 175-81
- Cassidy EM, Tomkins E, Butler M, Hardiman O, O’Keane V. (2003) Factors associated with burden of primary headache in the specialty clinic. Headache. 43(6): 638-644
- Cassidy EM, Tomkins E, Sharifi N, Dinan T, Hardiman O and O’Keane V. (2003) Differing central amine receptor sensitivity in different migraine subtypes? Pain 101(3):283-290
- Cassidy EM, Tomkins E, Sharifi N, Dinan T, Hardiman O, O’Keane V. (2003) Central 5-HT receptor hypersensitivity in migraine without aura. Cephalalgia 23(1):29-34
- Cassidy EM, Manning D, Byrne S, Bolger E, Murray F, Sharifi N, Wallace E, Keogan M, O’Keane V. (2002) Acute effects of Interferon alpha on serum cortisol and plasma interleukin-6. J Psychopharmacology. 16(3): 230-234
- Cassidy EM, O’Brien M, Osman, M, Finucane J, O’Keane V (2001) Lethal catatonia responding to high dose olanzapine therapy. J Psychopharmacology . 15(4):302-4
- Cassidy EM and O’Keane V (2000) Depression and interferon alpha therapy. British Journal of Psychiatry; 176: 494
- Cassidy EM and O’Keane V (2000) Neuroleptic malignant syndrome and venlafaxine revisited. Lancet; 355: 2164-2165
- Cassidy EM, O' Halloran DJ and Barry S (1999) Insulin as a substance of abuse in insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. BMJ; 319: 1417-1418
- Moore O, Cassidy EM, Carr A and O' Callaghan E (1999) Unawareness of illness and its relationship with depression and self-deception in schizophrenia. European Psychiatry; 14: 264-269
- O'Leary DM, Cassidy EM & O' Connor JJ (1997) Group II and III metabotropic glutamate receptors modulate paired pulse depression in the rat dentate gyrus in vitro. European Journal of Pharmacology; 340: 35-44.
Dr. Eugene Cassidy
Dr Cassidy graduated in Medicine (MBBChBAO) from UCD in 1992. He completed a Master of Medical Science (Physiology, Hons) at UCD in 1995 which included a thesis on the role of metabotropic glutamate receptors on synaptic plasticity in the rat hippocampal formation. He completed basic specialist training in Psychiatry in Cluain Mhuire and St John of God Mental Health Service, Dublin in 1998 and subsequently worked as a special Lecturer in Adult Psychiatry at UCD. He was a clinical Research Fellow in Liaison Psychiatry at Beaumont Hospital, RCSI, 1999-2001 where he examined neuroendocrine and inflammatory aspects of mood disturbance in migraine and stroke leading to his MD (RCSI, NUI). He completed higher Specialist Training in Psychiatry at the Maudsley Hospital/Institute of Psychiatry in London prior to his appointment to his current post in 2003. This is a full-time clinical post providing a liaison psychiatry service at Cork University Hospital.
Biological (including amine, endocrine and inflammatory) aspects of functional symptoms and syndromes and of mood disturbance in medical illness.