Research on Learning & Teaching
The Office of the Vice-President for Learning & Teaching promotes an evidence-based approach to learning and teaching, and places high priority on supporting the research efforts of UCC staff and the integration of research findings into practice.
We are dedicated to developing a criticial mass of researchers to advance the scholarship of learning and teaching.
The Office of the Vice-President for Learning & Teaching offers a wide variety of supports to assist research to enhance teaching and to enable key teaching innovations and also to facilitate the exchange of teaching and learning related ideas.
Current research at UCC includes several National Forum funded research projects on innovative pedagogies and technologies, and further details of some of our projects are provided below.
Support for Research on Learning & Teaching
The Office of the Vice-President for Learning & Teaching is delighted to present the Teaching & Learning Research and Enhancement Fund which aims to encourage and support transformational change in learning and teaching at UCC by supporting staff to develop their teaching and support of learning in innovative ways.
Please note that individual HEIs are limited strictly in the number of proposals that they may submit. The Office of the Vice-President for Learning & Teaching (OVPLT) has overall responsibility for UCC’s response to this call and will coordinate all submissions from UCC.
FUNDING CALL NOW CLOSED
The Teaching & Learning Research and Enhancement Fund supports projects that develop innovative teaching and learning practices and are concerned with pedagogical research. Priority will be given to projects with the greatest impact, such as enhancing teaching practices at UCC, leading to publication or support a funding application for further research.
For further information please visit the Review of student feedback at UCC page.
List of Projects
- Digital Badges at UCC
- Transitioning to e-Assessment in Mathematics Education
- ePrePP (Preparation for Professional Practice): Collaborative creation of a suite of digital tools to prepare healthcare students for professional practice
- Digital Supports for Transitioning International Students into the Irish Higher Education sector
- TEL Tools – Pedagogical Resources for Technology Enhanced Teaching and Learning
- United Nations Environmental Programme GEMS/Water Capacity Development Centre
- Student Hub Research Programme - Evaluation of Learning Space
- Transformation Through Collaboration – Building Digital Literacy in HEIs
- The Geoscience e-Laboratory (Ge-LAB): Developing Digital Teaching and Learning Resources for the Virtual Microscope
- Irish Engineering Graduates Advancing Global Manufacturing Competitiveness: Design Simulation for the Process Industries
- Community-Academic Research Links
- Teaching Excellence (TeachEx) project funded by Erasmus+
- Transforming Assessment Practices in Large Enrolment First Year Education