Staff Clubs & Societies Funding
Tips and advice on why a constitution is required
A constitution is required for all clubs and societies in UCC for several reasons
Click on the link below for an example of a club constitution.
A constitution is required for all clubs and societies in UCC for several reasons.
- To formalise the organisational roles within the club so that one person is not doing all the work involved.
- To establish the goals of the club and its commitment to the wellbeing all members of UCC staff. Also, to state that the club is open to all staff members where possible.
- To clarify how any funds within the club are dealt with and distributed if the club ceases operation.
- Attached is an example of a club constitution. It is not exhaustive, once the points raised above are dealt with, this is sufficient.
- For any questions, please contact PRO Gerry Moloney at firstname.lastname@example.org