Staff Clubs & Societies Funding
On this Page
UCC Staff Sports & Social Club Grant Fund
The UCC Staff Sports and Social Club makes funding available to UCC staff clubs and societies which are non-for-profit and have been/are being established for the benefit of staff in the university.
Unfortunately, due to the current economic circumstances, the funding available is being significantly reduced year on year. Qualifying applications are focused on capital expenditure and costs directly related to the operation of the club/society. Funding is generally not granted for consumable items, e.g. food, drink, transport or accommodation.
Applications are now open for 2019. To apply for funding, complete the Grant Funding Application Form 2019
Vince Gallagher, SSSC Clubs and Societies RepresentativeTyndall National Institute
Applications to be received by May 2019.
Criteria for Funding
- How many Club members are members of the Staff Sports and Social Club?
- Does the Club have any other income sources? Does it charge a membership fee?
- Is the application for equipment associated with the operation of the Club?
- Is the money needed?
- Did the club meet the conditions for funding in the previous year? These include issuing calls for new members, encouraging membership of the SSSC, organising an event for all UCC staff and providing receipts for purchases funded by the SSSC.
To be considered for funding, all parts of the application form must be completed in full, signed by the Chairperson of the Club and accompanied by the following documentation:
- Club Constitution (if applicable)
- Membership List (no contact details). Two thirds must be UCC staff or partners.
- A report on activities funded by the Staff Sports and Social Club in the last round of grants
- A copy of the annual bank statement of the Club detailing transactions on the account relating to SSSC funding.