- Mode of Teaching Delivery and Timetables
- About the Department
- Visiting / International
- People / Publications
- News / Events
- Careers for Celtic Civilisation Graduates
- Contact Us
- Celtic Digital Initiative
Programmes at Undergraduate Level
The Department of Early and Medieval Irish provides the following programmes at undergraduate level:
- BA (Celtic Civilisation): Students take 15 credits in first year and can opt to take 10, 20, 30 or 40 credits in second and third/final year (Online Prospectus)
- BA (Gaeilge/Irish): In addition to our courses in Celtic Civilisation, we also teach the Old Irish language and literature component of the BA programme in Gaeilge/Irish
Descriptions of all modules (including full reading lists for all those taken at undergraduate level) are included in the Printable Information Leaflet (see links under each Year).
First Year Celtic Civilisation
First Year Celtic Civilisation 2022-2023 (includes timetable)
Second Year Celtic Civilisation
Second Year Celtic Civilisation 2022-2023 (includes timetable)
Third Year Celtic Civilisation
Third Year Celtic Civilisation 2022-2023 (includes timetable)
The Old Irish language and literature courses offered by the Department as part of the BA in Gaeilge/Irish are:
BA (Second Year): GA2031, GA2032
BA (Third Year): GA3031, GA3032
Certificate in Arts (Celtic Civilisation)
The Certificate in Arts is a part-time evening programme, running over one academic year.
This course is open to adult learners who have an interest in the cultural heritage of Ireland, its Celtic inheritance and the traditions it shares with other Celtic lands.
Undergraduate Flexi-Options allows access to a wide range of undergraduate modules in your chosen area of interest without the requirement of undertaking a full programme of study.
For further details about Flexi-Options in UCC, please follow this link: http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/flexioptions/