Jobs / Scholarships / Prizes
- O'Donovan Scholarship, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies, September 2021 (deadline: 2 July 2021).
- Cúntóir Teagaisc le Gaeilge, Ollscoil Luimnigh (téarma seasta 10 mí). Dáta deiridh d’iarratais: De hAoine, 4ú Meitheamh, 2021.
- Fulbright Scholarship in Celtic Studies for 2021-22 academic year, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- The Keough-Naughton Library Research Award in Irish Studies, University of Notre Dame (annual grant funding).
- The University of Brest, two-year Masters Degree: ‘Celtic Languages and Cultures in Contact’ (more information).
Conferences / Seminars / Call for Papers
- CSANA workshop. Reading Early Modern Irish: A Workshop with Léamh.org, Tuesday, 22 June (online), 11.00-12.30 EDT / 16.00-17.30 GMT (link to register is on the poster).
- Propaganda workshop, June 2021 (online).
- International Medieval Congress Leeds, ONLINE, 5–9 July 2021.
- Cambridge Colloquium in Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic: Faith and Fidelity, Sunday 8 May 2021 (online).
- Rannsachadh na Gàidhlig 11, Department of Celtic Studies, St Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia, 22-24 July 2020 POSTPONED UNTIL 2021.
- Rudolf Thurneysen (1857–1940) Kolloquium anlässlich seines 80. Todestages, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, 7–9 August 2020 (postponed until August 2021) .
- ‘Welsh Manuscripts 800-1800’, National Library of Wales, 9-11 September 2020 (postponed until September 2021).
- Third European Symposium in Celtic Studies, University of Pavia (Italy), 8-10 September, 2021.
- North American Gaels: Language, Literature, Lore, Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 2-3 October 2020 (postponed).
- 4th Poznań Conference of Celtic Studies & Celtic Sociolinguistics Symposium IV, 9-11 October 2020, Centre for Celtic Studies of Adam Mickiewicz University for Celticists, Poznań, Poland (postponed until 2021).
Annual / Regular Events
- Irish Conference of Medievalists, Queens University Belfast (online), 24-26 June, 2021.
- SAMS: Seminar for Ancient and Medieval Studies, UCC, Tuesday 8 December, 5:15pm. Dr Elisabeth Okasha: ‘Anglo-Saxon Sundials’.
- Annual ITS seminar, UCC, November 2021.
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (postponed).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille 51: ‘Scríobhaithe Gaeilge an Tuaiscirt, 1650-1900’, Ollscoil Mhá Nuad, Dé hAoine, 11 Nollaig, 2020, 11:15–16:15 (ar líne).
- 40th Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium (postponed until 2021).
- CSANA: Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference 2020, Virginia Tech, 2-4 April 2020 (postponed until 8-10 April 2021).
To have an event noticed here, please email EarlyandMedievalIrish@ucc.ie.
This article is copyright © CDI 2021