Jobs / Scholarships / Prizes
- Bergin Fellowship, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studes (closing date: 13 January, 2023).
- O'Donovan Scholarship, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studes (closing date: 13 January, 2023).
- Tenure-track position in Irish Language and Literature, University of Notre Dame (closing date: 15 DEcember, 2022).
- Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Early and Medieval Irish, UCC, on the HEA North/South funded project Ultonia - Cultural Dynamics in Medieval Ulster and Beyond: a shared inheritance (18 Months, Fixed-Term, Whole-time Post: January 2023 - June 2024).
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
Conferences / Seminars / Call for Papers
- CFP for Celtic panel (Celtic Medievalisms: Adaptations and Misappropriations) at MLA 2023, taking place in San Francisco January 5-8, 2023 (closing date: please send a 200-300 word abstract and a brief biographical sketch to Joey McMullen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 15, 2022).
- Call for papers: Celtic Students Conference, University of Glasgow, 3- March - 1 April, 2023.
- Call for papers (to email@example.com): Materiality of Irish Manuscripts — A Work-in-Progress Workshop, Trinity College Dublin, May 29, 2023 (closing date: January 31, 2023).
- Comhdháil: ‘Teangeolaíocht na Gaeilge/Cananachas na Gaidhlig/Linguistics of the Gaelic Languages’, in Acadamh Ríoga na hÉireann, 9-10 Meitheamh, 2023 (gairm ar pháipéir).
- Call for papers: International Congress of Celtic Studies XVII, Utrecht University, 24-28 July 2023 (closing date: 1 September, 2022).
Annual / Regular Events
- Irish Conference of Medievalists, Queens University Belfast, 30 June — 2 July 2022.
- SAMS: Seminar for Ancient and Medieval Studies, UCC (new programme for 2022-23 forthcoming).
- Annual ITS seminar, UCC, November 2022.
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 17-19 November, 2022. Plus Statutory Public Lecture, Friday 18 November, 8pm: Prof. Liam Breatnach: 'The Limitations of Satire in Medieval Ireland'.
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus ar Chultúr na Gaeilge, Roinn na Gaeilge, OÉ Gaillimh, 30 Meán Fómhair - 1 Deireadh Fómhair, 2022.
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille 2022: Léann Feimineach agus Inscne na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Mhá Nuad, 9-10 Meám Fómhair, 2022 (clár).
- 41st Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, 7-9 October, 2022.
- CSANA: Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference, ONLINE hosted by Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison NJ, 31 March - 3 April, 2022 (schedule and Zoom links now available at https://CSANA2022.wordpress.com/schedule).
- Marburg Celtic Seminar (Winter Term 2021/2022): please register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To have an event noticed here, please email EarlyandMedievalIrish@ucc.ie.
This article is copyright © CDI 2021