The John Sisk Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Civil Engineering
At a glance
- Value: €20,000
- You must be an engineering graduate to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering or firstname.lastname@example.org
John Sisk & Son Ltd., have funded this scholarship to promote university research in the area of civil engineering construction.
The scholarship shall be subject to the following conditions of award and tenure:
- The award shall be known as "The John Sisk Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Civil Engineering".
- The scholarship, which is currently valued at c. €20,000 and tenable at University College Cork, shall be awarded to an engineering graduate to support full-time postgraduate studies in the area of civil engineering construction.
- The holder of the scholarship shall pursue research and undertake limited teaching duties under the general direction of the Head of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- The holder of the scholarship shall normally be required to register for a higher degree.
- The scholarship shall be tenable generally for one academic year, but the holder may apply for renewal for a further year, subject to progress of the research work being to the satisfaction of the Head of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
- A competition for the scholarship shall take place each year, with an application for renewal being considered together with applications from other candidates. Applications, comprising a curriculum vitae, the name of two referees and a carefully documented research proposal, must be submitted to the Head of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering by 31st May each year.
- The applications shall be considered by a Board comprising the Head of the College of Science, Engineering and Food Science or nominee and the Professor(s) in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. The award shall be made by the Academic Council on the recommendation of this Board.
- The division of the stipend between living expenses, travel and equipment shall also be recommended by the Board.