How are we going to do audience research for UCC
Explore this page
We will work with our external partners, Picklejar Communications, to design and deliver a series of internal stakeholder discovery workshops.
These workshops will give us an opportunity to work with you, the people who already know something about your target audiences, to better envisage UCC's ideal target audiences and uncover existing audience insights. Basically we will use these workshops to discover what you already know about your audiences and what you don't know (but would like to) know about those same audiences.
Initially we will be concentrating on our audiences for Student Recruitment. We would welcome your help and your participation.
- Each workshop will be 2-3 hours long
- We only need you to attend one workshop (there are four available dates/times on 11 and 12 Feb 2020 - please sign up for the one that suits you best)
Teas and coffees will be served at each workshop!
We will take what we learn from the workshops and work with Picklejar Communications to design in-depth research to fill in the gaps in our knowledge about our target audiences. This in-depth research will include:
- designing questionnaires, surveys, online card-sorts and focus group activities
- conducting research activities with particular emphasis on qualitative approaches such as interviews, focus groups and workshops with representatives of the audience themselves
- collating our findings together from our various research activities
Analysis of the findings
We will work with Picklejar Communications to analyse the findings. We will
- understand how to identify the important findings and identify avenues for further research if required
- structure and code the analysis to make it understandable to the wider UCC community so that it is usable in your day-to-day work
Following the analysis, we will develop a number of outputs, tools and techniques for your use including:
- Persona templates
- User journey mapping templates
- User stories
- Page table templates
All of which will be available to you to help you create more effective content for your marketing and communications activities on behalf of UCC.