How are we going to do audience research for UCC
Introduction to UCC's audience research activities
We conduct audience research to discover what information you need from us and how best to deliver that information to you. We want to speak your language so that you can better understand that UCC can help you with what you're looking for. We want to understand your motivations and influences so that we can show you that our course offerings or our research activity or our community activity will be a benefit to you.
We conduct a number of different activities that help us to discover this information, with your help.
Explore this page
We will take what we learn from the workshops and work with Picklejar Communications to design in-depth research to fill in the gaps in our knowledge about our target audiences. This in-depth research will include:
- Taking the insights we gained from the internal workshops and identifying areas that require further research. We will also identify things we already know and source the data that supports that knowledge
- designing questionnaires, surveys, online card-sorts and focus group activities
- conducting research activities with particular emphasis on qualitative approaches such as interviews, focus groups and workshops with representatives of the audience themselves
- collating our findings together from our various research activities
Analysis of the findings
We will work with Picklejar Communications to analyse the findings. We will
- understand how to identify the important findings and identify avenues for further research if required
- structure and code the analysis to make it understandable to the wider UCC community so that it is usable in your day-to-day work
Following the analysis, we will develop a number of outputs, tools and techniques for your use including:
- Persona templates
- User journey mapping templates
- User stories
- Page table templates
All of which will be available to you to help you create more effective content for your marketing and communications activities on behalf of UCC.