News & Events
UCC-ICOS Diploma in Corporate Direction Class
The Food Industry Training Unit were delighted to welcome participants of the UCC-ICOS Diploma in Corporate Direction (Food Business) to UCC campus last week for their final workshop of the programme.
This busy three-day workshop facilitated students’ in-company research project presentations. Dr Bridget Carroll (Academic Programme Director) and Marian Cantillon from the Dept of Food Business & Development, Cork University Business School reviewed 23 presentations across 2 days, with topics ranging from the evolution of corporate social responsibility and its future in co-ops, to sustainable practices in farming (i.e. solar energy, the benchmarking of green-house gases, etc).
Focusing on the workshops theme of ‘New Technologies and Future Food Developments’, guest speakers included:
- Prof Paul Ross https://www.ucc.ie/en/apc/
- Prof Alan Kelly, Prof Seamus O’Mahony and Dave Waldron https://www.ucc.ie/en/fns/
- Dr Joanne Uí Chrualaoich https://www.ucc.ie/en/fitu/
- Prof Joe Bogue and Dr Lana Repar https://www.cubsucc.com/departments/food-business-and-development/
- Barry Skillington https://www.atlantiaclinicaltrials.com
Programme participants comprise of Board Members and Senior Management from agri-food co-operatives like: Kerry group, Tirlán, Lakeland Diaries, Dairygold Co-Op, Bandon Co-Op, Aurivo, Arabawn, Drinagh Co-op and Mid Tipp Mart Co-op.
Commencing in June 2022, this Diploma programme now nears completion.
We very much look forward to welcoming all participants (and their families!) back to UCC Campus in the autumn to celebrate their https://www.ucc.ie/en/ace/ conferring ceremony!