Autumn Conferrings 2021
Public health guidelines
A number of important Public Health safety measures and controls will be in operation on the day to ensure you, your guests, and UCC staff remain safe during these challenging times:
- If you, or your guests are unwell and are experiencing COVID related symptoms, do not attend on-site and if you become ill at any time during the event please leave campus and seek medical advice
- Face coverings must be worn by all at all times whilst indoors and are strongly recommended to be worn at other times where it is difficult to maintain adequate social distance. Face coverings can be removed whist eating or drinking where appropriate
- To access indoor services, you must show proof that you are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 6 months (proof of immunity). Children under 18 do not need proof of vaccination or recovery but you may be asked for proof that your child is under 18. All vaccination/recovery certificates for graduates and guests will be checked upon your arrive at our check in desk outside the Hub
Proof of immunity and identification for indoor activities
You can use your EU Digital COVID Certificate or your HSE vaccination record as proof. You need to have photo ID to show that the proof of vaccination or recovery belongs to you.
You can use the following as identification:
- driving licence
- student card
- Garda age card
- Irish Residence Permit (IRP)
- national identity card
- any other official document that includes your photo and was issued outside of Ireland
If you do not have an EU Digital COVID Certificate or HSE vaccination record (because you are visiting Ireland from another country for example), you can use an official vaccination record issued by the country where you were vaccinated or tested for COVID-19. Please note that we cannot accept negative PCR tests as a substitute for proof of vaccination or immunity.
All graduates and their guests will be required to report to our check-in desk on arrival, which will be based outside the Hub building on campus. Your COVID-19 vaccine/recovery certificate status and Photo-Id will be checked and entrance tickets will be issued to you and your guests. You must retain your entrance ticket to access all indoor settings on the day of your ceremony. This ticket also permits your two guests access to the ceremony and all indoor settings.
We will not be hosting an indoor reception but will operate a take away service from the Aula Maxima where graduates and their two guests can avail of light refreshments and network in the marquee to the rear of the Aula-Maxima.
Your parchment will be available on the day at our collection desk in the Hub’s Maker Space. You can collect your parchment either before or after your ceremony. Please note that only Graduands can collect their parchments in person and they must show proof of identification.
It's worth noting that the official date of your conferring is different to your ceremony date. The official date is the one that will appear on your parchment. Details of that are in the table below.
|College||Date of conferring on your parchment||Date of conferring ceremony|
|Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences||26 October 2021||Friday 12, Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 November 2021|
|Business and Law||27 October 2021||Friday 19, Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 November 2021|
|Science, Engineering and Food Science||28 October 2021||Sunday 21 and Monday 22 November 2021|
|Medicine and Health||29 October 2021||Friday 5 November 2021|
|Adult Continuing Education (ACE)||1 November 2021||Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 November 2021|
Preparing for the day
Welcome to the Autumn 2021 Conferring Ceremonies!
The Hub will be open for check in, gown collection, and photography 2 hours ahead of your ceremony. You are advised to arrive early and give yourself plenty of time for the pre-ceremony arrangements.
There are a few more practicalities to consider below ahead of your ceremony. We also remind you to read the public health guidelines.
You are now part of a strong, vibrant Global Alumni Community – a network of more than 200,000 UCC alumni worldwide. If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to register on our website by visiting alumni.ucc.ie/register. This website will keep you up-to-date on exciting alumni events taking place locally and globally, as well as opportunities to connect with fellow alumni, career information, alumni success stories and much more.
Frequently asked questions
If you have any further queries you can visit our frequently asked questions page.