International & Erasmus Students
Accommodation placement service
The UCC Accommodation & Community Life office runs a centralised placement service for incoming international & Erasmus students. Once your application to UCC has been confirmed by our International Office they will share with you, via email, a link to our online application form. We then refer your details to one of our partner providers so they can issue you an offer of accommodation. It is not possible to apply for this service until you have accepted an offer to study at UCC.
Points to note about this service
- Applicants should complete the form as soon as they recieve the link.
- Offers will be issued by accommodation providers, not by our office.
- The process takes places over several months. Please don't be alarmed if it has been sometime since your last update.
- We do our best to help all applicants but accommodation is not guaranteed.
- We work with several private providers to accommodate our applicants.
- Students will receive no more than one offer of accommodation.
- Applicants must continue searching independently while they wait for an offer.
Single semester visiting students
Single semester students are also eligible for this service. However it can be more challenging for these students to find accommodation independently. Here are some points that might assist you in your search
Ireland is now aligned with the European Union traffic light system for travel between member nations. Travelers coming from Green regions are not required to restrict their movement upon arrival. Those coming from Orange regions do not need to restrict their movement, provided they have a negative PCR test up to three days before arrival. Anyone travelling from Red regions is advised to restrict their movement for 14 days once they arrive in Ireland.
The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control offers up to date inofrmation on the status of specific regions.
Regions outside the EU are currently classified as Red or Grey and traveers from these regions should restrict their movement for 14 days upon arrival.
The UCC Covid-19 information page offers further information and guidance on this.