Update September 8th 2022: Due to high volume our legal clinic is currently closed. We will not be accepting new case referrals.

During this time our emails and phone line will not be monitored as staff prioritise existing cases. We hope to reopen once we have greater capacity.

Alternate Resources 

We recommend that you contact your local Traveller Community Project as they may have local resources that be best able to help your specific situation.  

You can see a country-wide list of Traveller organisations here:  


Family is a UCC run website that provides a central source of information related to family relationships and a comprehensive online source of all aspects of Irish family law. 

The Free Legal Advice Centre (FLAC) can provide legal information over the phone: 

FLAC also have some family law specific clinics:  

The Legal Aid Board can provide free family mediation: 

They also provide legal aid services if you qualify:  

Exchange House Ireland can provide family support and crisis intervention services:  



Threshold can provide advice around renting and accommodation:  

Mercy Law Resource Centre provides free legal representation to some individual clients on homelessness, social housing and related social welfare matters:  

FLAC can provide legal information over the phone: 

Exchange House Ireland can provide support:  

Irish Traveller Movement can provide information:   

Ballymun Community Law Centre can provide support (limited to Dublin): 

Community Law and Mediation may advise on housing law:  

Citizen’s Information also provide information on your rights as a private tenant/local authority licensee or tenant  


Domestic Abuse   

If you are experiencing domestic abuse, there is support available to you. The below organisations have helplines and can provide support:  

This leaflet from Pavee Point also explains the supports available:  

Exchange House Ireland can also provide support: 



Criminal matters concern the prosecution of criminal offences. 

Criminal legal aid is granted by the Courts: 

FLAC can provide legal information over the phone, via their helpline: 

If you’ve been a victim of a crime, the following places support victims: 

If you are a Traveller and have experience with the police and courts in Ireland, the University of Limerick is running a project where they want to hear from Travellers about these experiences, you can see more about that here:


Civil (Personal Injuries, Contract Disputes, etc.) 

Civil matters concern disputes between you and another person, or between you and an organisation (rather than a crime or involving the police). 

Legal Aid Board provides Civil Legal aid, but only in limited circumstances, and only if you meet a means test:  

FLAC can provide legal information over the phone, via their helpline: 

Community Law and Mediation also offers some mediation services:  



FLAC provides some employment law specific clinics: or they can provide legal information over the phone: 

The Legal Aid Board can help in some employment matters, but cannot provide representation in relation to internal disciplinary or external workplace relations hearings:  

Community Law and Mediation can help with some employment law issues: 

Citizens Information can also provide information:  



Partner Organisations