1. Counselling Support Information

          2. Emergency Support Information


1. Counselling Support Information

  • Student Counselling & Development offers free and confidential one-to-one counselling to UCC students in the Republic of Ireland.
  • If you think you might benefit from talking confidentially to someone, we would encourage you to contact us. We will set up an initial appointment during which you can discuss how counselling may be helpful for you or explore what other relevant supports might be available.
  • Counselling can help you get a new perspective on an issue you feel stuck with, help you cope with an unexpected crisis and help you to develop healthy strategies to manage ongoing difficulties.
  • Some common issues that students seek our support with are: Academic stress, alcohol/drug misuse, sexual trauma, low mood and depression, anxiety, self-esteem, social anxiety, family and relationship difficulties, bereavement, eating difficulties, coming out, gender identity etc.
  • 92% of students who attend Student Counselling & Development for counselling find it effective or very effective.
  • Please note that because we have a reduced staff on duty outside term time only a scaled-down service is available during the summer. We will do our best to accommodate students seeking support outside term, but it is important to note that only limited appointments will be available before SCD's full service resumes in September. 
  • If you would like to book a counselling appointment, please go to this section.
  • In addition to counselling support, students can avail of self-help resources and useful links to other departments and external agencies.


2. Emergency Support Information


  • Dial 999 or 112

 If you need to speak with someone immediately:

  • Crisis Text Line: Text UCC to 50808 to chat anonymously with a trained volunteer. Any issue. Any time.
  • Samaritans: Emotional support. 24 hours, Freephone 116123 
  • Aware:  Support for people with depression or bipolar disorder. 10.00am-10.00pm Freephone 1800 804 848

 If you consider yourself to be at risk of self-harm:


Student Counselling & Development

Comhairleoireacht agus Forbairt na Mac Léinn