Make An Appointment
How To Make An Appointment:
- Please read the Appointment Information section below.
- Then complete the registration form Here.
- Once you have submitted your registration form, Student Counselling & Development (SCD) will place you on our waiting list. We will email you with an appointment as soon as possible. If you have any questions about counselling, please go to this section or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waiting times vary during the academic year but on average it may take 2-3 weeks before an appointment is available. There are times when appointments are available immediately, and peak times when the wait may be longer.
- SCD does not offer walk-in sessions and all sessions must be booked in advance. Appointment hours are Mon-Fri, 9:30am–1.00pm and 2.00pm-4.00pm. (latest appointments start at 4pm)
- The number of sessions offered is determined by the Student Counsellor’s assessment of need and available resources. On average, students have 2-6 sessions.
- Students are asked to use their Umail account when contacting SCD. Sensitive information should not be included in emails.
- SCD offers two counselling options to students: In-Person and Online.
- In-Person Appointment: SCD Reception is located on the ground floor of 3 Brighton Villas, Western Road. Full address and map available in this section. Please go to the Reception Office to check in. Reception will then notify your counsellor that you have arrived, and your counsellor will collect you from the waiting room at the scheduled time.
- Online Appointment: If you choose an online appointment, you will be sent instructions on using Microsoft Teams when your appointment is scheduled. Details are also available in this section.