Student Counselling Information
- Further to Government Directives due to the COVID-19 virus, UCC Student Counselling and Development is currently closed. Please Note: Any appointment you have made to attend for counselling in person with Student Counselling is now postponed until further notice.
- For students who wish to access advice on healthy emotional wellbeing at this time, it is possible to speak to a duty Student Counsellor. Please email Counselling@ucc.ie to arrange a telephone appointment between 9.15am to 12pm and 1pm to 3pm Monday to Friday and a Student Counsellor will phone you back. Please refer to our Temporary Conditions Of Service Use. NB: This is Not a Crisis or Emergency line. The Crisis Text Line is 086 1800 280 (text 'UCC' 24/7).
- Cognitive Behavioural Programs
- Self-help Resources
- Health Anxiety Cognitive Behavioural Program
- Crisis Text Line. Text UCC to 086 1800280 to chat anonymously to a trained volunteer 24/7. Any issue. Any time.
- If you consider yourself to be at risk of self-harm contact your GP or SouthDoc 1850 335 999 or nearest Accident & Emergency Unit
- If you were hoping to speak to someone immediately contact: Samaritans 116 123 (24 hour freephone) Pieta House 1800 247 247 (24 hour freephone) Aware 1800 804 848 (10am-10pm freephone)