What's on Offer?
Undergraduates at the Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies, University College Cork, benefit from expert teaching in the Spanish language at all levels plus the opportunity to study a wide range of options about different aspects of the culture, history and society of the Hispanic world. The department also boasts two specialist centres, the Centre for Mexican Studies and the Irish Centre for Galician Studies, as well as offering Basque, Catalan and Portuguese language and cultural studies.
There is an active Hispanic Society on campus that organises different cultural events for students throughout the year.
All of our four year courses involve a year abroad in a Spanish speaking country. More information can be obtained from the Dept of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies or from the International Education Office.
Take Spanish as part of:
- CK101 BA (Hons) Arts [3 years]
- CK108 BA International [4 years]
- CK110 BA World Languages [4 years]
- CK113 BA Criminology [4 years]
- CK208 BComm (Hons) International with Hispanic Studies [4 years]
- Certificate in Arts (Hispanic Studies)
- Certificate in Languages
- CK112 BA (Hons) Drama and Theatre International (Spanish) [4 years]
- CK106 BA Applied Psychology [First Year only]
- CK210 BSc (Hons) Government [First and Second Year]
- CK506 BSc (Hons) International Development and Food Policy [First & Second Year]
- CK401 BSc (Hons) Computer Science [Single Hons. & Joint Hons - First & Second Year]
- CK602 BE (Hons) Civil and Environmental Engineering [Third & Fourth Year]
- CK301 BCL (Hons) Law [First & Second Year]
- CK305 BCL (Hons) (Law) Clinical [Second Year only - First Year under BCL programme]
- CK102 BSocSc (Hons) Social Science [ (See note: Students wishing to select optional modules across subject areas must seek the permission of the Department of Applied Social Studies)
Students from the Colleges of Science, Engineering and Food Science and Business and Law can also take modules to the value of 10 credits in Spanish language under our Languages for All programme. Please contact Siobhan Nally (email@example.com) or Eugenia Bolado Colina (Eugenia@ucc.ie) for more information about these courses; HS0028 and HS0128. We also offer two special modules catering for students in the College of Medicine and Health HS1092 and HS1094.