- Postgraduate Diploma in Spanish for Teachers
- Masters and PhD
- Our Research
- Evening Language Courses
- Spanish Official Exams
- News and Events
- Study Abroad
- Society for Irish Latin American Studies
- Careers with Spanish
What's on Offer?
Undergraduates at the Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies, University College Cork, benefit from expert teaching in the Spanish language at all levels plus the opportunity to study a wide range of options about different aspects of the culture, history and society of the Hispanic world. The department also boasts two specialist centres, the Centre for Mexican Studies and the Irish Centre for Galician Studies, as well as offering Basque, Catalan and Portuguese language and cultural studies.
All of our four year courses involve a year abroad in a Spanish-speaking country. More information can be obtained from the Dept of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies or from the International Education Office.
Take Spanish as part of:
- CK101 BA (Hons) Arts [3 years]
- CK108 BA International [4 years]
- CK110 BA World Languages [4 years]
- CK124 BEd Gaeilge [4 years]
- CK215 International Business with Languages [4 years]
- Certificate in Languages