- UCC Research Home
- Research Policies
- Contact Us
- Research Integrity
- Research Integrity Policies & Guidance
- Research Integrity Training
- Research Misconduct
- About Research Integrity @UCC
- UCC Research Integrity Contacts
- Research Checklist & Other Resources
- Research Business Continuity Supports
- Covid 19 Impacts on Research
UCC Code of Research Conduct
A framework for the UCC Research Community on Research Integrity Principles and Processes.
The newly revised UCC Code of Research Conduct V2.4 (14th September 2021) provides a robust framework for the proper conduct of research and provides guidance for researchers on the standards expected at UCC. The Code captures the responsibilies of the University and the research community with respect to the conduct of research, including principles of good practice, ethical approval, competence, responsibility, integrity, rights and dignity of research participants, data management and dissemination.
UCC Code of Research Conduct V2.4, includes the following revisions/updates:
- GDPR/data protection Regulations (section 7.4);
- data retention regarding undergraduate research projects and taught post-graduate programmes (Section 8.9, pg 17, footnote 24);
- Procedure for Identifying the Relevant Ethics Committee (Appendix A, pg. 22).
Further guidance on UCC ethical processes can be obtained at UCC Research Ethics