Epigeum Research Integrity Training
The Research Integrity, Second Edition (Ireland) course is an online learning programme designed to support new researchers with good research conduct. Starting with an overview of key responsibilities in the first module, the course goes on to explore the fundamentals of planning, managing, recording and publishing research. The last module covers the wider responsibilities that researchers assume as they develop their careers, from taking on different roles to communicating their findings to the public.
This Irish version has been adapted from the UK version of the course. A small team of experts from the Irish higher education system have thoroughly edited and updated the content to align it with the context of the Irish higher education and research system. This includes adding references to Irish national policies and other relevant policies from European or international sources.
Course Details and Registration
What modules should I take?
The National Research Integrity Forum have made the following recommendations regarding this training:
- Postgraduate students and early-career researchers: it is recommended that they undertake the 8 core modules.
- Experienced researchers: it is recommended to take at least the first two core modules and specialist modules that are relevant to their research area.
- It is recommended that Research Integrity training should be undertaken/retaken at least once every three years.
- Epigeum Research Integrity Course consists of eight core modules (1-8) and five specialist modules (9-13).
- The National Research Integrity Forum recommends that that early-stage researchers should complete all eight core modules (as a minimum), and that experienced researchers should compete core modules 1 and 2 (as a minimum).
- A more comprehensive description of each module is available in the Research Integrity Course Outline.
|Good Research Conduct
|Irresponsible Research Practices
|Planning Your Research
|Managing and Recording Your Research
|Data Selection, Analysis and Presentation
|Communication, Social Responsibility and Impact
|Conflicts of Interest
|Research Involving Human Participants
|The Care and Use of Animals in Research
How To Register
The instructions provided below must be followed in order for UCC users to obtain free access to Epigeum research Integrity Training v2.0.
You must have/use one of the following UCC email domains in order to register for and access the course:
Users will need to create an account to access the training:
- Visit the Epigeum Training website.
- Click on the user menu in the top right hand corner, then click on “Register" and complete the form in full.
- Token users should enter the following code in the registration form: f8b19912 into the field entitled 'token (optional)'. you will need to type in the token code, rather than using the copy and paste function.
- Once registration is complete, users can log in and access the course.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues.
For queries on Epigeum Research Integrity Training at UCC, email email@example.com