|Dr. Anke Dietzsch||Research Assistant||
Department of Botany, Botany Building, School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College, Dublin 2
|353 (0)1 896 3745|| email@example.com
Anke works as a post-doctoral research assistant for the BIOPLAN project and is based at TCD. Supervised by Jane Stout, she completed a PhD in Ecology (TCD, 2009) on the impacts of invasive Rhododendron ponticum on native plants, pollinators and their interaction. She then worked for the National Botanic Gardens Glasnevin, Dublin, assisting with both investigations on the conservation status of the Kerry Lily and assessment of the suitability of commercial seed mixes in the restoration of native meadows in Ireland. She has also worked for the University of Leeds, UK, identifying bumble bee records as part of the project "Farmland biodiversity in organic and conventional farms at multiple scales". Before Anke came to Ireland, she completed a MSc in Biology (University of Bonn, Germany, 2004) investigating the effects of rainforest fragmentation on pollination processes in Kenya. She also holds a Diploma in Statistics (TCD, 2007).
- Coote, L., Dietzsch, A.C., Wilson, M.W., Graham, C.T., Fuller, L., Walsh, A.T., Irwin, S., Kelly, D.L., Mitchell, F.J.G., Kelly, T.C. and O'Halloran, J. 2013. Testing indicators of biodiversity for biodiversity for plantation forests. Ecological Indicators, 32: 107-115.
- Dietzsch, A.C., Stanley, D.A. and Stout, J.C. 2011. Relative abundance of an invasive alien plant affects native pollination processes, Oecologia, 167, 469-479
- Vilà, M., Bartomeus, I., Dietzsch, A.D., Petanidou, T., Steffan-Dewenter, I., Stout, J.C. and Tscheulin, T. 2010. Mapping plant-invader integration into the plant-pollinator network. In: Settele, J. (ed.), Atlas of Biodiversity Risk, Pensoft Publishers, Sofia-Moscow, pp 210-211.
- O’Halloran, J., Irwin, S. , Kelly, D.L., Kelly, T.C., Mitchell, F.J.G., Coote, L., Oxbrough, A., Wilson, M.W., Martin, R.D., Moore, K., Sweeney, O., Dietzsch, A.C., Walsh, A., Keady, S., French, V., Fox, H., Kopke, K., Butler, F. and Neville, P. 2011. Management of biodiversity in a range of Irish forest types. Report prepared for the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food. 391pp.
- Nienhuis, C.M., Dietzsch, A.C. and Stout, J.C. 2009. The impacts of an invasive alien plant and its removal on bees. Apidologie, 40, 450–463
- Vilà, M., Bartomeus, I., Dietzsch, A.D., Petanidou, T., Steffan-Dewenter, I., Stout, J.C. and Tscheulin, T. 2009. Invasive plant integration into native plant–pollinator networks across Europe. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London: Series B, 276, 3887-3893.