Policies and Procedures
All students are asked to familiarise themselves with the Graduate Studies policies and procedures.
The School of Nursing and Midwifery has developed approved documentation and procedures to assist students taking their research degree at the School of Nursing & Midwifery, UCC.
Students are advised to read the Graduate Studies Handbook School of Nursing & Midwifery
All research students are required to undertake an annual review facilitated by a progress review panel (PRP) this involves:
- The student will complete the Student report, print a copy of their slides as a handout and submit the report and the copy of the slides to the chairperson of the PRP panel on the day of the review.
- The supervisors will complete the supervisors report and submit to the chairperson of the PRP panel on the day of the review.
- The student will present their research topic area and progress to date in a 20 minute presentation.
- 10-15minutes is given over to discussion/questions. All research students, supervisors, PRP members are welecome to attend the PRP presentations.
- The PRP panel will meet and once they have completed their deliberations, the student will be asked to meet with the panel to discuss the outcome of the PRP review. The student is informed about the outcome of the review on the day of the review and associated recommendations. Thereafter a formal PRP report is issued to the student for their records.