6Th ANNUAL CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES CONFERENCE 2014
THE 6Th ANNUAL CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES CONFERENCE
THE 6th ANNUAL CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES CONFERENCE - 12 AND 13 NOVEMBER 2014
A Two-Day Conference organised by the Catherine McAuley School of Nursing and Midwifery & the School of Applied Social Studies University College Cork, in association with the Critical Voices Network Ireland.
The conference considers and explores:
- the value and relevance of psychiatric diagnoses in understanding and responding to a wide range of human experiences of emotional distress
- critical perspectives on and creative responses beyond psychiatric diagnoses.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers (in alphabetical order): click on the speakers name to view the presentation.
- Pete Sanders, Retired Therapist, Trainer and Clinical Supervisor, Trustee of the Soteria Network UK.
- Pat Bracken, Clinical Director Mental Health Service West Cork, Ireland.
- David Harper, Reader in Clinical Psychology, University of East London
- Stuart Neilson lectures and writes about the autism spectrum and mental health in Adult Continuing Education UCC
- Olga Runciman, psychiatric survivor and chair of the Danish HVN