- About the Department
- Media Gallery
- School Welcome Event 2016
- Edmund Spenser in Cork - School of English UCC
- Frank O'Connor: A man of many voices
- Mary Breen: Pride and Prejudice
- MA in Irish Writing and Film
- Ann Coughlan: The Irish Influence on America's Greatest Abolitionist
- MA in Modernities: Romanticism, Modernism, Postmodernism
- MA in American Literature and Film
- MA in English Texts and Contexts: Medieval to Renaissance
- PhD in English
- Prof. Claire Connolly
- Tonio Colona - PhD in the School of English, UCC
- Prof Patricia Coughlan
- Mike Waldron - PhD in the School of English
- Ken Rooney and Heather Laird Book Launch
- School Welcome Event September 2014
- Contemporary American Trauma Narratives Book Launch
- Staged Transgressions in Shakespeare's England
- Seamus Heaney Memorial Event September 2013
- Creative Writing
- Digital Arts and Humanities
- Current Students
- Student Achievements
- Digital Arts & Humanities
Submissions for the international Undergraduate Awards are now open.
All students who submit work to the international Undergraduate Awards are eligible to submit work to the UCC School of English Undergraduate Awards. The rules/requirements for the UCC School of English Undergraduate Awards are the same as those for the International Undergraduate Awards, with the exception that 2nd and 3rd year entrants will be judged separately. There will be one winner for the School of English Undergraduate Awards in each year and 3 to 4 highly recommended entrants.
The deadline for submission to the international Undergraduate Awards is 11 June 2019, though students are encouraged to register and submit in advance of that deadline. Registration for the International Undergraduate Awards is now open. Submission for the School of English Undergraduate Awards closes on 17 June 2019.
The School of English has an additional award, The Patricia Coughlan Award. This award is for outstanding essays on one or more of the following: gender and literature, women's writing, femininities or masculinities in literary or film texts. The Patricia Coughlan Award is open to all students, including HDip students and visiting students, who are enrolled on 2nd and 3rd year School of English undergraduate modules. The submission date for this award is also 15 June 2019.
Full details regarding submission for the international Undergraduate Awards can be found in the below link. Further details regarding submission for the School of English Awards will be emailed to students in May. Queries should be directed to Clíona Ó Gallchoir firstname.lastname@example.org