- About the Department
- Media Gallery
- School Welcome Event 2016
- Edmund Spenser in Cork - School of English UCC
- Frank O'Connor: A man of many voices
- Mary Breen: Pride and Prejudice
- MA in Irish Writing and Film
- Ann Coughlan: The Irish Influence on America's Greatest Abolitionist
- MA in Modernities: Romanticism, Modernism, Postmodernism
- MA in American Literature and Film
- MA in English Texts and Contexts: Medieval to Renaissance
- PhD in English
- Prof. Claire Connolly
- Tonio Colona - PhD in the School of English, UCC
- Prof Patricia Coughlan
- Mike Waldron - PhD in the School of English
- Ken Rooney and Heather Laird Book Launch
- School Welcome Event September 2014
- Contemporary American Trauma Narratives Book Launch
- Staged Transgressions in Shakespeare's England
- Seamus Heaney Memorial Event September 2013
- Creative Writing
- Digital Arts and Humanities
- Current Students
- Student Achievements
- Digital Arts & Humanities
School of English and Digital Humanities Celebrates 2022 Achievements
The School of English and Digital Humanities was delighted to host its first in-person welcome event and award ceremony since 2019 on October 18th.
Attendees celebrated research achievements by staff and students.
Awards were presented for exceptional coursework by students in both English and Digital Humanities. Awards were presented by Head of CACSSS Prof Chris Williams
The welcome event also included readings from award-winning student Aoife Osborne and UCC Writer in Residence
UCC DH Excellence Awards
Each year, University College Cork presents awards for Excellence in the Digital Humanities to undergraduate students enrolled in courses offered by the Department of Digital Humanities.
The awards recognise outstanding individuals who have achieved academic excellence and/or made a significant positive contribution to their student cohort and the wider department.
THIS YEAR’S PRIZES GO TO FOUR STUDENTS, ALL OF WHOM HAVE JUST GRADUATED.
Prof Claire Conolly introduces Welcome Event
Prof Chirs Williams presents student awards
UCC ENGLISH undergraduate Awards recognise excellent undergraduate essays, projects and dissertations and are judged by a panel comprised of academics from the School.
English Undergraduate Awards (2nd Year)
Name: Leah Mulcahy
Name: Áine Feeney
Name: Mia Power
Name: Ciara O’Brien
English Undergraduate Awards (3rd Year)
Name: Hannah Keniry
Also highly recommended in the Global Undergraduate Awards (Literature).
Name: Aoife Osborne
Prof Chris Williams and Louise Clancy Memorial Prize Winner Angela Stratos
The Éamonn Ó Carragáin Prize named for Prof Emeritus Éamonn Ó Carragáin
This prize for outstanding undergraduate work in Old English is awarded to the student (Joint or Single Honours, or Major, or BAEN) with the highest grade in EN2012 Old English Language.
Name: Liam Christopher McDonagh
The Patricia Coughlan Award Named for Prof Emerita Patricia Coughlan. This prize for outstanding undergraduate work on the topic of gender and sexuality.
Name: Ellen O’Sullivan
Name: Nicole Carroll
Name: Grace Morey
Prof Emerita Patricia Coughlan with Patricia Coughlan Award winner Ellen O’Sullivan
Writer in Residence Cathy Sweeney