UCC Academy attended a conference on digital marketing for the public sector
On June 12th, the UCC Academy communications project managers and digital marketers took the first train to Dublin to attend a conference on digital marketing for the public sector at The Helix. The agenda included a packed line up of speakers starting on the topic of crisis management.
Almost 20 presentations were given on multiple topics throughout the day including:
- Dr Paul Connors, National Director of Communications at the Heath Service Executive (HSE), delivered an honest and reflective presentation about how the HSE have dealt with a recent digital crisis over the last few of years.
- LinkedIn expert, Melonie Dodaro, gave a compelling argument as to why every business should be leveraging this underutilised channel.
- Dr Sandra Buchanan, Communications Officer at Donegal Education and Training Board, spoke about how the support of their senior leaders helped to build their profile online.
- Chris Ducker, Founder of Youpreneur.com, energised the stage with his presentation on transparent P2P (People to People) communications.
- Sergeant David Cryan, shared his Operation Transformation story and the difficulties he faced with merging his personal life with his professional life as a member of An Garda Siochána.
- Dan Knowlton, from KPS Digital Marketing, shared some smartphone video tactics for the public sector.
Outside of the talks, some things that we did not expect from the conference was an ice-cream fridge packed with Magnums and Super Splits and to end the lunch break a five-piece band rocked the stage bringing many of the participants to their feet.