Currently there are CPD modules available within the School of Pharmacy, the School of Nursing and Midwifery, the School of Medicine and the School of Clinical Therapies.
CPD Nursing & Midwifery Modules running in 2017-2018, (please note that all dates given are provisional unless stated otherwise):
- MH6014 Advanced Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals
- MH6099 Introduction to End-of-Life Decision Making
- NU5086 Complementary Therapies in Healthcare
- NU6005 Nursing Research
- NU6078 Aging and Older People: Bio Psychosocial Perspectives
- NU6116 Advanced Nursing Practice
- NU6145 Foundations of Cancer Care
- NU6150 Nursing Management of Neonates
- MH6016 Advance Care Planning
- NU5007 Acute and Chronic Wound Care
- NU5077 Diabetes Management
- NU5081 Preparation for Birth and Parenthood
- NU5082 Physical Assessment for Nursing Practice
- NU6070 Practice Enhancement for Nursing
- NU6079 Contemporary Issues in Gerontological Nursing
- NU6085 Wound Care for Healthcare Professionals
- NU6117 Contemporary Approaches to Dementia Across the Continuum of Care
- NU6152 Medical & Surgical Nursing of Individuals with Cardiorespiratory Problems
- NU6158 Evidenced Based Cervical Screening
The following Occupational Health CPD Modules will be available in 2017-2018:
- EH6041 Psychology Applied to Occupational Health and Safety
- EH6017 Principles,Theory & Practical Application of Risk Assessment
2016 - 2017:
Late applications may be considered for entry to the following: CG6006 Falls, Mobility and Movement Disorders - Entry in May, 2017.
2017 - 2018:
The following Older Person Rehabilitation CPD Modules will run in 2017-2018:
- CG6003 Cognition, Communication, Capacity and Rehabilitation
- CG6005 Amputee and Prosthetic Rehabilitation
- CG6009 Principles in Older Person Rehabilitation
- CG6002 Stroke Rehabilitation (requires Garda Vetting clearance)
- CG6006 Falls, Mobility and Movement Disorders
- CG6012 Neuromuscular Disorders
Please note: Late applications may be considered. Dates will be confirmed in due course.
Students can only take 20 credits worth of individual CPD modules. If you wish to continue studying after taking 20 credits you will have to apply to the PG Cert, PG Dip or MSc programme. Please contact the Department if you wish to discuss this option.
The following CPD modules will run in 2017-18:
Dates will be confirmed in due course. In the interim if you have any queries please contact:Linda McGuire,School of Pharmacy, UCC.Tel: 021 4901736Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This module is not due to run in 2017.
Should you have queries regarding the course please contact the module co-ordinator:
Gerardine Lynch, Education Centre, Marymount University Hospital & Hospice, Curraheen, Cork.
Contact Details: Tel: +353 (0)21 4501201 Email: email@example.com
The following CPD Pharmacy modules are running in 2017-18: Dates are provisional until the start of semester.
- PF6007 Pharmacotherapy III: Special populations
- PF6001 Biostatistics/Critical Appraisal
- MH5001 Health Literacy for Health and Social Care Settings
The following module is yet to be confirmed for 2017-18:
- PF6504 Coagulation Management for Healthcare Professionals.
Late applications may be considered.
Currently there are CPD modules available in the School of Languages, Literatures and Cultures.
Flexi-Options may also be available by contacting the Programme Co-Ordinator of the full programme that the module runs on. Please refer to Postgraduate Taught Courses for information on full programme listings.
The following modules run over one semester, but may be offered twice during the academic year (subject to demand):
- IT6104 Teaching of Italian as a second language I
- IT6105 Teaching of Italian as a second language II
Dates for 2017-2018 to be confirmed. In the interim if you have any queries please contact:
T: +353 21 490 2838
Currently there are no CPD offerings available within the College of Science, Engineering and Food Science for 2017-2018.
Please refer to the Postgraduate Taught Courses for full programme offerings.
Flexi-Options may be available on certain courses. Further details on Flexi-Options is available here.
To express your interest in pursuing a flexi-option please contact the Programme Co-Ordinator of the programme from which the module is run. If you have any further queries please contact the CPD Co-Ordinator in the Graduate Studies Office on 021-4903224.
Candidates who satisfy the full course eligibility criteria may, subject to the approval of the Course Coordinator, be permitted to take individual modules from courses as per the UCC Book of Modules. These flexi-options may be available depending on the capacity on the course. Flexi-Option Application Form: Flexi Option Application Form (187kB). For further details on applying please contact the CPD Co-ordinator, Graduate Studies Office, West Wing, UCC, Cork. Email: Cpdgraduatestudies@ucc.ie , or telephone: (021) 4903224 or the general Graduate Studies number: (021) 4902876.
Further details on Flexi-Options is available here.